Resonline works with Airbnb to launch new technology partnership
July 2018, Gold Coast
Leading Channel Manager, ResOnline has been working with Airbnb to launch this highly anticipated real-time connection. ResOnline worked with Airbnb to collaboratively develop a new way for property managers and traditional hospitality businesses such as independent boutique hotels, bed and breakfasts, apartments, cottages, homestays to have real-time connectivity of room rates, availability and bookings between Airbnb and their property management system (PMS).
This new connection with Airbnb allows hospitality businesses to list on their platform seamlessly and promptly.
Tony Shine, ResOnline's Director:
“In an ever-changing and technically advanced world, ResOnline’s robust work with Airbnb provides a fantastic opportunity for accommodation providers to grow their online presence by offering their priceless local knowledge and notable hospitality that sets an Airbnb listing apart from the rest. This seamless integration is an exciting connection that will enable hospitality businesses to reach the millions of customers around the globe who utilise the Airbnb platform on a daily basis”
Sam McDonagh, Country Manager for Airbnb Australia and New Zealand:
"Boutique hotels and B&Bs have long used Airbnb, and now we’re building new tools and working with ResOnline to help these local businesses thrive. We are dedicated to working with small hospitality businesses in Australia that excel at offering the best guest experiences and living our mission of belonging, and we are delighted to be working with ResOnline"
ResOnline was established in December 2003 and was the first two way channel manager in Australia. Currently, there are more than 9,000 hotels and properties connected, across 52+ countries. We are proudly Australian owned, with our Head Office based on the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland.
Bookmarking on your web browser
Here are some tips on bookmarking the direct client login site for one-click access to your ResOnline console.
Which browser do you use?
- Visit cm.resonline.com.au
- In the URL bar, you will see a
- Click the and it will open a Bookmark menu and click 'Done'
- The page is now bookmarked!
- You can access your bookmarks through the menu button - Bookmarks
- Make it even easier by showing your bookmark bar directly under your URL bar, for access with a single click. Turn on through the menu - Bookmarks - Show bookmarks bar
- Visit cm.resonline.com.au
- In the header bar, you will see a
- Click the , and a menu sidebar will open. Click 'Add to Favourites'
- You can now access this bookmark by clicking the and you will see it in your favourites link!
- Visit cm.resonline.com.au
- Click the 'Bookmarks' menu and select 'Add Bookmark...'
- Click and drag the site's icon from the address bar into your Bookmarks Bar
- Press Command + D
- You can edit the bookmark information
iPhone or iPad
- Visit cm.resonline.com.au
- Tap the 'Share' button (this is located to the left of the address bar on the iPad, or the bottom of the screen on the iPhone)
- Tap the Bookmark icon
- You can now edit the bookmark information and the location (folder) as well
A "Fresh" Look at Support
The team at ResOnline are excited to advise that we have transitioned to a new software support solution.
Although the current support system has served us well we've decided to go for an industry leading 3rd party solution after pretty vigorous comparison testing.
Note that we are making changes to the system itself and not the people behind it! Rest assured you will still be dealing with the same old friendly, helpful and awesome crew when you contact us.
There are several reasons why we moved to this new system but the driving force was our desire to provide the best support possible for our clients. The benefits with this change are:
- greatly improved self-help tool and search features
- a rating system
- social media integration (Facebook and Twitter)
- chat support features
- a new online forum
- and a much smoother overall experience for you
Not all of these features will be available from day one (such as the new online forum) but it is our hope the transition will start making everyone‘s support experience better immediately.
Our online Chat Support is live during business hours. Should you use chat outside of business hours, we will receive your message and respond during business hours.
Powered by Freshdesk, the new help portal can be found at help.resonline.com where we highly encourage all inbound support requests to be channelled as we build the self-help features that will provide you with instant answers to the many questions we receive!
Are you missing out on long lead bookings?
The airline industry has implemented a highly successful yield management strategy over a number of years, with passengers knowing they will secure a better price by booking early. Early-bird pricing, particularly for long-haul flights, and general sales/specials reflect that airlines want seats filled at a base rate, increasing pricing as the demand increases and the availability becomes limited.
The accommodation industry has struggled to turn around the 'last minute' buying behaviour brought about by the introduction of online bookings, OTAs and increased competition. However, with the success of the airline's strategy, travellers are becoming more savvy in the benefits of long-lead bookings.
The only real way to turn the trend around is by implementing your own strategy at property level to:
- Secure base business for better yield management
- Secure revenue in advance (dependent on your payment policy)
- Increase your average length of stay with long-lead bookings, who tend to stay longer
- Secure bookings over your competitors for travelers planning in advance
- Reduce the stress of trying to fill rooms last minute
- Boost your ranking on OTAs who include your availability in their algorithm
Below is a list of the top channels and the number of days they accept inventory for:
|Your Website (via ResOnline's Booking Engine)
Find out how many days every channel ResOnline connects with can accept under Distribution, in each channel's welcome page.
Keep in mind that some channels will use the number of days you are available to be booked in their ranking calculations.
In essence, less days available may mean you slip down the rankings!
Head in to your ResOnline console today to open rooms and rates for up to 720 days!
Booking Engine Best Practices
Nowdays, people are more time poor than ever, and a slow booking experience will quickly put them off.
From an outsiders perspective, try using your website. Or better yet, have a friend or family member test your site for you that isn't overly familiar with the site. How quickly and easily were they able to find your booking engine to make a booking? If the answer was anything other than "instantly" with one-click, you may be losing potential guests before you've even started!
Here are our top tips on best practice with your booking engine:
Make it easy to find
Think about how easy it is to find your booking engine on your website. Do you have a Book Now menu item, or button, easily found on your homepage? Or to book, does a guest have to go through numerous menus and pages to eventually find themselves at your booking engine.
Best practice tips:
- Have a Book Now menu or place a prominent Book Now button (image) on your site
- Embed a search widget on your homepage (embedded widget only)
- Ensure the Book Now button or search widget is above the fold (area visible without further scrolling)
- If a guest clicks your Book Now link - take them straight to the booking engine
Breakers North feature a prominent Book Now button in their menu bar:
Q1 Resort & Spa had their web developer embed a search gadget to their homepage. This option would only work for those properties using an embedded booking widget on their site:
Make it yours with customisations
It doesn't matter if you are using the standalone booking engine or the embedded booking widget, you should customise it for your brand.
Tips for customising the standalone booking engine:
- Add your logo - if you have a png version with a transparent background, even better!
- Change the background colour to match your brand
- Customise the defaults - auto ticked number of nights, guest numbers, change label names in the grid and more!
- Ensure all your property details and room descriptions are up to date within your ResOnline console, as these appear underneath the booking engine
An example of a customised standalone booking engine is Alure Stanthorpe;
Make changes to your booking engine from within the Booking Button menu in your ResOnline console.
If you have the booking widget embedded, please speak with your web developer about customisations.
ResOnline now connects to the TXA
ResOnline is now able to offer its customers a dynamic two way connection to TXA's huge range of distribution options. The connection will allow ResOnline's customers to harness the full power of TXA's unique distribution to boost their online visibility through a seamless, intuitive and easy to use interface.
"This is another great step forward for the Exchange and the Australian industry. Booking system connections to TXA, such as this latest ResOnline integration, deliver more great product offerings to TXA distributors. Through their TXA connection, distributors can combine ATDW's rich content database with live rates and live availability, only delivered by TXA," Liz Ward, CEO of ATDW, said.
"The ResOnline connection to TXA offers a fantastic opportunity for our clients to gain additional exposure in the online space with minimal effort. ResOnline clients can effectively double their online distribution by connecting to the TXA. The new TXA channel is to be included with the growing list of channels that ResOnline now offers for its low monthly price," founder of ResOnline, Bryan Frawley, stated.
How it works
- Use the sign up link to get access to ResOnline
- Complete a TXA agreement to become a supplier. As part of this, make sure you complete the Online Merchant Facility application so that booking funds can be deposited automatically and directly into your nominated bank account.
- Then connect to the TXA under the distribution page in ResOnline.
- That's it. Now all the rates and availability you enter in ResOnline will be available to TXA, and when you receive a booking it will drop into ResOnline and you will also be notified by e-mail.
ResOnline charges a low monthly fee to connect to the TXA, and all other distribution channels available, plus a booking form for your own website. There are no additional costs for this particular channel.
The TXA charges a booking fee of 2.8% per booking plus an 80c transaction fee - including GST. This is for all bookings, including any cancellations. Some TXA distributors charge a distribution commission. This commission can vary from 0% up to 20%. You control which distributors you want to use to sell your property and the price of your rooms.